Deadline for applications: 12 December 2018
Apply now by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use ‘IRM’ as the reference.
Relish the idea of becoming a “bigger fish in a smaller pond”?
Feel you have a more valuable contribution to make?
Employees say this is a great place to work!! …maybe this is your chance to join them!
Motivated by their core values, this close-knit Financial Services business puts its customers at the heart of everything the company does. Based in Central Bristol, this long-established team are enjoying a milestone in the company’s history and preparing itself for the next chapter in its growth.
- Reporting to the CEO, the Head of Risk & Compliance leads the management of risk and compliance across the operations and implements policy to meet regulatory requirements enabling the business to position, shape and respond competitively to regulatory and legislative change.
- Responsible for providing advice, co-ordination, challenge and control processes to the business in support of the management of risks including risk identification, analysis, measurement, mitigation and reporting.
- Leads the establishment of robust, Solvency II compliant, control and governance arrangements and, in conjunction with functional areas embeds the insurance risk model and Solvency II framework across the business.
- Overseas the operation of the risk function and the production of quarterly MI, and annual reports and or returns.
- Provides oversight and co-ordination of activities relating to PRA and FCA regulation and guidance including Treating Customers Fairly, Financial Crime, Data Protection etc.
What are we looking for in you?
- This is a key role which is responsible for ensuring that key stakeholders, the CEO and the Board, are fully briefed on any legislature that impacts their role, therefore, can demonstrate strong influencing skills and in managing relationships.
- Proven track record in the management of risk and/or compliance across a wide range of diverse activities in the financial services sector.
- Proven people management skills.
- Strategic awareness and capability to view the business and see the links with key issues and implications.
- Analysis and mental agility – ability to hold different perspectives, seeing patterns and hot spots in complex data.
- Builds appropriate external contacts and good internal network across functions.
- Business acumen – demonstrates good, broad, commercial intuitive judgement reflecting internal and external perspective.
- Collaborative team working – uses energy and skill of the most appropriate people to achieve goals and works effectively across business boundaries.
- Inspirational leadership – manages own impact effectively to lead and inspire others.
- Organisation and planning – successfully plans to manage complex activities and uses contingency planning, prioritization and delegation to achieve timely completion.
- You are a qualified risk manager (e.g. IRM International Diploma in Risk Management and/or relevant professional qualification.)
- Ideally, have exposure to either Healthcare and/or Life Assurance industries
In return, you can expect:
- A competitive basic salary to match your experience and skills;
- Additional benefits package including car allowance, company pension scheme, life assurance, health insurance etc.
If you feel you are the right person for this role, we would encourage you to find out more and apply by emailing your CV to email@example.com. Please use ‘IRM’ as the reference.